This shouldn’t come as a surprise to you, but we’re REALLY into maps in our house. We try hard to instil our love for learning about the world both through travel, when when we return by studying maps, reading about a destination and its culture with our little one, and just generally talking about different countries and how other cultures live.
Like many 7 year olds, my son is also a massive football fan, so naturally knows the flags and countries (and capitals!) of all the teams that entered this year’s World Cup. It’s full on geography at all times at our house.
So when the good people at Future Mapping Company got in touch to ask if we’d like to review one of their maps and offer another as a gift to one of our readers we literally jumped at the opportunity. We’ve been renovating our Edwardian home for the last year, and as we have been putting the last finishing paint touches on the walls they were looking very bare, and in need of something that would really pop. I had been looking for a picture that really spoke to me to hang on our dining room wall and just couldn’t make up my mind. But the minute I laid eyes on this world map from the Future Mapping Company I knew it was the one.
The map arrived immaculately packaged, despite being very large – I loved its size as we wanted it to be a statement wall feature in our dining room. The map itself is beautifully done, very intricate and full of detail, and with a very attractive colour combination. Before it went on the wall my son and I spent hours virtually exploring the world, talking about all the different places we’ve been and the ones we wanted to go to (he’s desperate for Borneo and Russia!). We also compared the map we know from playing risk to today’s political map which raised questions such as ‘Where’s Siam gone?’ and ‘Wow, that’s Kamtchaka?!’… I’d be lying if I didn’t say it made the traveller in me incredibly proud of my little one. Even if he had beat me at the game earlier that day!
Maps for all tastes & spaces
The Future Mapping Company has a wide variety of maps with different colour palettes, shapes and finishes. We went for the Khaki finish as it worked best against our dark blue wall, but absolutely love their colourful Winkel Tripel World Map (which I may just get for the living room!), the country maps and the star map which Charlie has been asking me for. You can ask to have a magnet finish to start keeping track on everywhere you’ve travelled to, and either have it framed or unframed – they do it all for you.
WIN A WORLD MAP COURTESY OF THE FUTURE MAPPING COMPANY
As you can see we’re a bit smitten with their work, and genuinely can’t think of a nicer gift to send your friend or member of your family who loves travel – it’s a real stunner. If you’d like to win your own, or perhaps to give to a special person, The Future Mapping Company has been very kind and offered a stunning world map worth £70 which you can win by entering the competition below.
T&Cs[NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The ‘World Map’ (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 12/10/2018 at 12:00 AM (London) and ends on 12/21/2018 at 11:59 PM (London) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of One Tiny Leap (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of United Kingdom who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [Win a Future Maps Company World Map] (approximate retail value or “ARV”: £70)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within United Kingdom. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://onetinyleap.com/a-gift-for-travellers-of-all-ages-a-future-mapping-company-review/.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to One Tiny Leap cc: World Map at Brighton. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by One Tiny Leap, Brighton, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.