Seville’s beauty stems from its incredible and unusual mix of cultures and heritages, and the Real Alcazar truly is an incredible architectural representation of over 1000 years of the city’s history. The Real Alcazar’s construction began in 913, after being ordered by Abd Al Ramn III. As you walk through its many patios and impressive halls, you’ll witness islamic to neo-classical influences, replete of intricate details, arches and fountains.
Step into the Real Alcazar and let Seville’s history unfold right in front of your eyes.
Useful tips when visiting the Real Alcazar:
- Pre-book your ticket – We had issues purchasing our tickets online, but went to get our tickets before-hand as they can sell out.
- Ticket prices: €9.50 for adults / under 16s go free.
- Download the Real Alcazar map here
- Empty your camera’s memory card before going. There’s a treasure EVERYWHERE you look.
- If it’s too hot, escape to the palace’s large gardens – a haven of tall leafy trees providing shade.